Sunday, January 7, 2007

Quote of the week

Before I moved here, I was under the impression that I was a reasonably tolerant and all round groovy person, who avoided making judgements based on un-PC factors such as race, age, gender or nationality. A week of being a resident of California has ruined all this. I tried not to believe the stereotypes, really I did, but it is so hard not to make judgements about the IQ levels of certain Californian girls when they sit with you at dinner and ask you, with the deepest sincerity, "if you guys, like, have christmas in England".

2 comments:

Lucy said...

Hello Phil, love the fact that you are blogging again!

I still post on LJ, but also post on here more http://blinklu.vox.com/ - it's my new journal for the new year!

I'm sorry I've messed up you booking flights and stuff, hope I do get to see you in April if you still come and I hope that you still come to the wedding too in 2008.

It sounds like now would be a good time to give you my wedding present - find out about climbing lessons, let me know how and how much and I'll send you the cash.

I think you should wind up the Americans and tell them that before you met Scott you worked as a servant in a manor house and wore nothing but a cloth sack.

Lots of love
Lucy
xxx

Phil said...

Hey Luce,
Don't worry about flights - am going to see if I can change the date and come in March instead, as someone we both know has just announced that they are going to get married then! Can you guess who...