Monday, February 19, 2007

Almost Happy

Why is it that I seem unable to write entries in this for weeks at a time and then, when i do write something, realize that I do have stuff to say, and have to write multiple entries.

Anyway, I realize that I may have seemed rather miserable in my last spate of entries. This is because I was rather miserable. However, day by day, almost so imperceptibly that I don't notice it happening, I seem to hate it here less. Right now I've reached the stage of almost liking it. Bizarre.

Anyway, here are the good things:

1 - Have met some nice people. Actually feel like there's someone here now who I could describe as a proper friend. We sit on the porch in the evening drinking wine, smoking cigarettes, and watching the crazy folks of Hollywood Blvd pass us by. It's like being back in London. Only warmer.

2 - Despite still being unable to work for actual money (come on work permit), I've been doing some interny-type script-reading stuff to fill the time. Which I'm actually finding interesting. I'm also working on producing a documentary with Scott. It's an investigation into the reasons why so many amusement parks are closing around America. Actually pretty interesting. Scott's provided the initial idea, I'm structuring the brainstorms into something that resembles a cohesive thesis. Also doing the research and production organisation. He is also going to do all the on-camera interviewing stuff, which he loves and which scares me senseless. It's great when you have someone there to cover your weak spots!

3 - I'm just about to book tickets to come back to London for a week in March to attend the wedding of an old friend! Would love to meet up with anyone who is around then.

Good things do happen in threes.

No comments: